Many business owners struggle with the decision of hiring a bookkeeper. If you ask yourself the following questions monthly, you NEED a bookkeeper:
- Who owes me?
- Who do I owe?
- Did I make profit this month?
- When was that financial statement due?
- Did I meet my filing deadlines?
- How do I prepare and process payroll?
- What about taxes (sales, property, income)? Is that due once a year?
- Am I keeping up with corporate record compliance?
Having a bookkeeper is commonly associated with the loss of control of your finances. Having a certified bookkeeper results in a more profitable, more comparative and more informed business decisions, with the client in the driver’s seat the entire time. In Isa’s words: “We are only as good as our communication and relationship with the client.” We need the client input as much as the client needs our expertise.